[Asterisk-Users] How to grab CallerId information

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Sat Feb 26 11:28:57 MST 2005

I am building a click to dial and CRM type web page and I'm having
trouble with something.  I can make everything in the manager api work
as documented, but I can't seem to get a grip on how to tell what the
callerid is of an active call.  Example:  I know that on phone SIP/101
that there is an active call that originated from the outside.  What's
the best way to get the callerid of that call?

I have attempted to put the callerid into the database with DBPut during
the initial call setup, but I don't really know that the call is
active.  I can get the last busy and last unanswered callerid using
${DIALSTATUS}, but not the last or current answered.  Anyone have any ideas?

Here's what I want to do (not using the Flash Operator Panel).  If a
salesrep is on the phone, I want them to click a link on a webpage that
will open up a window with all of the customer information they would
need, based on the callerid of the active call.  I already have a really
nice click to dial application and don't want a separate app.  I also
don't want to monitor all of the time like the Flash Operator Panel
does.  Anyone?

Thanks!

Mark