[Asterisk-Users] RE:Avaya Partner ACS3 and Asterisk

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Fri Feb 25 14:45:46 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
I have an avaya partner ACS r3 system that I want to be able to hook
asterisk into with a x100p card, into and use asterisk to tie into a voip
provider then be able to dial (or connect) to an extension like an
intercom function and be able to dial a number like that.  I can get all
the asterisk stuff set up to do this, i just need to know if anyone knows
what setting to use in the partner system to make it bring up a dialtone
so i can dial.

-you will have to dial an extension number on the avaya that goes to the fxo
in *.  If * is set up to do so, you should be able to just dial the number
that you wish to be routed to the voip provider and then the dialplan in *
will take care of it.

Imagine that you dial extension 10 on the partner.

* answers the call
Reads the DTMF from the caller (prompt optional)
Sets the read DTMF as the dial string
Issues a dial to the voip provider

Should work I think.

Jason Kawakami