[Asterisk-Users] cascaded ringing

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Feb 25 10:15:44 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 12:36 +0000, Julian J. M. wrote:
> You could add
> exten => 1,2,Goto(context,2,2)
>
> But I don't know what will happen when, after 5 secs, dial SIP/2 is
> executed again...

I think you are on the right track. If SIP considers ringing as busy
then you can cascade through your extensions doing the same goto if busy
logic.

call one comes in and is ringing/answered by sip/1
call two comes in and starts to ring Sip/1 and gets busy and rolls to
start ringing Sip/2 immediately. Sip/2 doesn't answer but when the wait
is over for Sip/2 normally, it sees Sip/2 is already "busy" and dials
Sip/3. You could then put voicemail at the end of Sip/3's timeout/busy
and you could catch the overflow.

Interesting way to handle it. I like it. I don't have a use for it, but
it is cool.