[Asterisk-Users] HDLC Bad FCS / HDLC Abort

Alex G Robertson alex at microlink.com.br
Fri Feb 25 09:37:16 MST 2005

tim panton wrote:
[..]

> Good luck with it.

I think I am lucky! ;-)

We resolved the problem changing the Mother board to one with an Intel chipset.
The first one had Via chipset.

1) At first, we changed the mother board by another with Intel chipset. This one
can set udma2 (or udma3) from BIOS. It is set up to udma2.

# ChannelBank 1 - T1
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxoks=1-24

# ChannelBank 2 (Empty) - T1
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxoks=25-48

# Empty - T1
span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxoks=49-72

# Telco E1/PRI
span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=73-87
dchan=88
bchan=89-103

The messages "HDLC Bad FCS" and "HDLC Abort" stopped!

2) After that, we set up span 3 and 4 (3rd and 4th ports on the card)
as E1.

We are going to use 2 E1s/PRI (different Telcos) and 2 T1s (channelbank).

[...]
# Telco1
span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=...
dchan=...
bchan=...

# Telco2
span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=...
dchan=...
bchan=...

-> The jumpers were set to E1 and the channels were also correct.

-> After each modification it was necessary to reboot and take off the power
cable for modifications to take effect.

What timing/clock configuration do you recomend us? Zero for everyone?

  span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs # T1 ChannelBank1
  span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs # T1 ChannelBank2
  span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3 # E1 Telco1
  span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3 # E1 Telco2

By the way, could you explain in a better way what does these timing options (0,
1, 2) mean?

--
Alex G Robertson
NOC - Microlink