[Asterisk-Users] Vonage <---> Asterisk Complete Config

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Fri Feb 25 08:23:40 MST 2005

Vonage doesn't sell just a softphone account -- or at least they didn't
about six months ago when I was a Vonage customer.  But they do allow a
softphone as an add-on to an ATA-based account.

Because the softphone account works with openly available soft clients,
it also works with asterisk.  The big "secret" is that they use port
5061, rather than port 5060.

> I thought Vonage did not allow this?
>

> -Randy
>

> Nitesh Divecha wrote:
>
> >Hello Asterisk Users,
> >
> >After Brain storming for couple of hours, days, and weeks,
> finally got
> >Asterisk to work with Vonage for Inbound and Outbound calls.
> >
> >Requirement: -
> >1) Vonage Softphone account
> >2) Asterisk
> >3) Couple of SIP Phones