[Asterisk-Users] CDR writing incorrect data to pgsql tables

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Fri Feb 25 08:21:18 MST 2005

> James Bean <james at hdcs.com.au> wrote:
> [...]
> > I am sorry I did not see anything in any of the docs about analogue
> > lines causing ANSWERED response on all calls. Could you point me in
> > the right direction to a fix or setup that fixes this situation?
>
> The only real fix is to get some form of digital service,
> either ISDN or VoIP. There is no reliable means to detect
> when a call has been answered on an analogue line, so
> Asterisk doesn't bother trying.
>
> The usual kludge for analogue PBXes is to assume that a call
> was answered only if the recorded time is longer than a
> certain number of seconds.

Hhmm well that's annoying....

Is the kludge done at the software side when the data is pulled out for
accounting and being under say 45 seconds is a no answer or busy? Or is
there a tweak that can be done at the database itself?

So by that any calls that go out over the net using IAX to the telco are
considered digital and will report correctly?

James