[Asterisk-Users] Anyone had a Cisco 7970 working with

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 07:49:19 MST 2005

Yes, but the 7970 relies on the very latest SCCP protocol version which was
introduced with Call Manager 4.0.   As far as I know the SCCP module for
Asterisk doesn't support the latest SCCP version so I don't think it will
work.   The 7960 works with the older versions of SCCP.   I have yet to hear
of anyone getting the 7970 to work with *.   If someone has please update
the list with details.

Further, even with the 7960s,  the * implementation of SCCP is very buggy
and unstable.

As 7970 uses SCCP, you can do it with asterisk. I did it with 7960.