[Asterisk-Users] What is an E400P-SS7??

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 24 16:47:48 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 23:56 +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is this card the same as the T410P, after all, it's made by Digium.
> There's one prior reference on the mailint list[1] but it didn't answer
> the question.

Yes it did answer the question. If you can't spend a small amount of
effort to digest the history that becomes your problem.

If you had used the mailing list navigation to go to the previous
message you would have also been presented with a more complete quote
that mentioned the E400P-SS7. You would note that the part number came
from the openss7.com website.  If you read the news link in that message
you would have seen that these are available for a different price than
the Digium T400P or E400P cards. You also have to purchase them from
openss7.com.

It is not reasonable for a Digium reseller to change the price to a
higher than list price amount unless they are adding something else to
the pot. In this case, the card is highly likely to be the T400P or
E400P card but include non GPL code to run the SS7 stack.

And just for being highly explicit in the answer to you. No the
E400P-SS7 card is not the same as the TE410P or TE405P card. Also just
having the card is not enough to get SS7 support yet.

> There was also an SS7 status report[2] last June but it's doesn't seem to
> have lead anywhere either. There was post saying an SS7 release was
> immenent last September[3], but then silence.
>
> Any info anyone would like to share?

Can't help here. While I don't need this yet, I am interested in seeing
it's support.