[Asterisk-Users] FRS / FRS/GMRS 2-way radios as SIP clients

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 15:29:50 MST 2005

--- TC <trclark at shaw.ca> wrote:

> > There are Ham Radio operators who have used * as a repeater
> controller and
> > you might try to contact some of them as they will have direct
> experience
> > doing what you are trying to do.

I'd like to know too.  WHo's done it.

I've wanted to use * as a voip radio
link but not gotten around to it yet.

If you'd like towork on this let me know, but please NOT on this
list, or at least CC me directly.  I'll miss any reply posted here.

Of course the biggest issue will be simplex vs. duplex.  the
radios are simplex  As for connecting the radios to the computer
there are comercial made interface boxes or you can make your own
for a few bucks.

> where do these guys hang out any irc channel or mail list

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550