[Asterisk-Users] IAXY DNS possibilities??

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Feb 24 14:52:50 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, John Bohman wrote:

> Is there any way to hard code an ip in the IAXY then re-direct that ip
> to a dynamic ip via dns..  Some sort of ip forewarding...??

I'm don't think I understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

Maybe a good place to start would be the DNS howto (ibiblio.org) to get a
good understanding of how DNS operates and how the mapping between IPs and
names works. That'll probably help clear up what you're trying to
accomplish, and will probably also help you to figure out the answer to
your question.

Greg