[Asterisk-Users] Get SPA-2000 to dial out on one * and get calls in from a different *?

Me mylist at lightwavetech.com
Thu Feb 24 13:25:14 MST 2005

I have my main * box setup for all incoming and outgoing calls to and from
our SPA-2000's. I have now setup another * box in a different location and I
would like the SPA's to send all outgoing calls out through the new * server
but continue registering with the old * server so all incoming calls will
still be routed through the old server to our SPA's.

In the SPA-2000 config screens under the "Line 1" tab, I see a few entries
of interest. I originally had them set like this:

Proxy: old server IP set here
Outbound Proxy: old server IP set here too
Use Outbound Proxy: YES
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: YES  <--- no clue what this is for but it's set to
yes and has always worked with the one server setup

Now I figured that I could just change the outbound proxy IP address to that
of the new server and viola, all outgoing calls would go through the new *
server! Well, they did but the problem is that my SPA-2000 stops registering
with the server which owns the IP address in the "Proxy" field so no
incoming calls get to the SPA anymore.

It seems that the Outbound Proxy field overrides the Proxy field, are they
one in the same? If so, what's the purpose? Any help on getting this to work
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Todd

--