[Asterisk-Users] Caller in meetme room quiet (low level?)

Scott Henderson scott at finite-tech.com
Thu Feb 24 11:15:25 MST 2005

I have encountered a frustrating problem with the meetme rooms and calls
entering the system on the Digium analog cards.

The typical scenario is:

Callers on SIP phones, X-lite, Eyebeam, Cisco 7960, IAXy
Callers entering the system from the PSTN via the digium Analog card
(TDM400P)

In the meetme room the SIP connections can all hear each other loud and
clear.  The PSTN people can hear everyone just fine but the SIP users
have trouble hearing the analog PSTN connections.  The quality of the
PSTN connections is good but the levels (volume) are low.  There seems
to be some variability in the apparent level depending on the SIP device
that is listening.

The IAXy doesn't seem to have any problems with the level.

I have made some adjustments to the levels on the analog card but when i
go to far the echo canceling converges slowly and is very annoying at
the beginning of the call.

--
Scott Henderson
Finite Technologies Incorporated