[Asterisk-Users] is this stuff for me? need some help

Paul R blueaxon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 11:08:42 MST 2005

ok. briefly.. I have Real Estate Co... I have toll free numbers with
bunch of extensions from FreedomVoice (each extension assigned to each
listing we have).. I also have voice mailboxes for agents (20) etc. ,
fax lines etc

I also have answering service that the caller is sent to when they
press zero to talk to an operator and I do not pick up the phone. I
also have 3 car phones and bunch of other stuff... I run my biz from
home and I might be getting more agents..each agent has its own
extension and the call goes either to VoiceMail or is being forwarded
to their number when they accept the call  well.. I have more phone
lines in my house that I need and it got to the point that I want to
simplify my life.... and reduce some overhead..

I have RoadRunner (BrightHouse) as Internet provider and I also host
some database driven data for my website  (would that interfere with
phone conversations?)

I looked at BroadVoice and others.. I read info about Asterisk.. is
Asterisk something that would help me in centralizing all this stuff..
I would like to also arrange for documents to be stored and faxed to
clients upon request via phone etc.

Am I a good candidate for VOIP and Asterisk? What do I need to have in
terms of provider (BroadVoice/VoicePlus/ etc) and in terms of hardware
?

In order for me to be on the phone and be able to see another call
coming in for either agent and be forwarded or information retrieved
via fax -- do I need have more that one service?

Any info would help as I am basically lost..

thank you