[Asterisk-Users] Inheriting variables

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Thu Feb 24 09:02:05 MST 2005

Julian

<< For example, I want to store the zap channel number into
SourceChannel
on the incoming call, and make it available to the called agent
channel.>>

If global variables are not suitable maybe the registry will work.  You
may have looked at DBGet and DBPut to retrieve and store arbitrary
values.  For example you might store values using the channel id as the
key and when the call ends delete the values.

Database values are available to all channels but you can have your
dialplan only work with database values related to its own channel or
channels that are related in someway.

Bill Seddon

Lyquidity Solutions Limited