[Asterisk-Users] Inheriting variables

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Feb 24 08:31:18 MST 2005

I'm trying to set a channel variable and make it available to another
channel:

I thought that if I SetVar(_SomeVariable=SomeValue) or
SetVar(__SomeVariable=SomeValue) then SomeVariable would be available in
the destination channel.

However __SomeVariable, _SomeVariable and SomeVariable are all blank.

The scenario:

Agents logon to the queue using callbacklogin. From what I can gather
the following happens:

1) Incomming Call -> answered, plays welcome message added to Q
2) Local channel calls the agent, plays announcement
3) incomming call connected to agent

where would I be able to retreive the inherited variables ?