[Asterisk-Users] Aastra 480i and Telnet - anyone know how to log in?

Richard Folwell richard at folwell.net
Thu Feb 24 06:48:04 MST 2005

Philip Trauring wrote:
> I noticed that the Aastra 480i has a telnet interface, but the login is
> different than the web. Anyone know how to log into the telnet
> interface? Is the interface documented anywhere?

You need to use a telnet client program to communicate with the device.
  Under Windows you simply open a command window and type:

telnet <IP address or hostname>

to connect to the telnet server (the device you want to communicate with).

BTW if you type "telnet" into Google you get a good explanation of what
telnet is, also links to better telnet clients than the standard Windows
one (though it should work fine for what you want).

Richard