[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting a TE410P to an E1/IP equipment

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Thu Feb 24 05:37:49 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005, Johan Bilien wrote:
> > Note that a CAT5 crossover cable will not work.  Once you've done this,
> > set up two spans on your TE410P as you've done it, except that one of
> > them should be CPE and the other one NET in zapata.conf.  Now calls
> > originated on any of the 30 channels on one span will appear as incoming
> > on the other one.  I don't think the clock source as set in zaptel makes
> > any difference for these purposes, as it's specifying the clock source
> > for functions like meet-me, not the framing clock which is derived from
> > the E1 signal itself.
>
> I did that and was able to pass a call, both signaling and sound, from
> port 1 to port 2. So my TE410P seems to be working.
>
> > One last thing is to check the jumpers on the card itself to make sure
> > they are set for E1.  (doesn't look like this is the problem tho)
>
> Yes they are set to E1.
>
> > And, finally, actually shut the system all the way down, including
> > power, and reboot to make sure new settings are loaded into the TE410.
> > I think this is a design shortcoming in the card that it's possible for
> > it not to clear it's settings even on a restart (without power down)
>
> I did that to, but I still get the LOF on the remote equipment and the
> yellow alarm on my side :(

I also tested to loop on the other equipment, and it seems to work. So
the problem only appears when the TE410P tries to speak to the other
equipment.

On the latter, I can choose the linetype to be one of the following:

E1Unframed           - 2 Mbit/sec unframed signal
E1                   - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM31 signal
E1Crc                - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM31 signal with CRC
E1Mf                 - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM30 multiframed signal
E1CrcMf              - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM30 multiframed signal with
CRC

Since I want to use PRI signaling I have configured zaptel in CCS mode.
So I think the right choice on the other equipment would be "E1", am I
right? Or is it "E1Mf"?

Thanks,
Johan.