[Asterisk-Users] EICON DIVA prices

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Feb 24 04:54:52 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Joao Pereira wrote:

> my local reseller gave me this price for the Eicon DIVA server boards...
>
> Diva Server BRI-2M ........  749  Euros
>
> Diva Server 4BRI-8M ......1927 Euros
>
> Diva Server PRI E1/T1 .... 3796 Euros
>
> I think that they are expensive. Is this the normal price?

The Diva Server cards are expensive because they have on board dsp chips.
Have you considered the cheaper alternative of using Junghanns
quad/octobri cards for bri and Digium TE4xxP cards for PRI? Both of these
use the cpu for the signal processing and are a lot cheaper.

Sangoma cards have on board processing as well but Asterisk does not use
that at the moment.

I think these three cards are the most commonly used together with
Asterisk.

Peter