[Asterisk-Users] Call recording stopped when call transferred

Thu Feb 24 04:43:22 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 19:57 +1100, Eric Bishop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have call recording enabled via the Monitor command and it seems,
> the call stops being recorded after the call is transferred. Is this
> normal behavior? If so how can I continue recording of calls after
> they have been transferred....

The only method I found to do this was to avoid using any of the queue
monitor or dial etc options. Instead, I start monitoring the call pretty
much first thing (just after answer), and then it records all the way
until they hang up.... One possible drawback is that it also records the
MoH, but then it could also be an advantage to see just how long they
were left on hold.

Also, I've found that recording as gsm files is significantly smaller
than wav, and the audio quality is still very good (in my experience).

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers