[Asterisk-Users] HELP NEEDED! - Asterisk GUI

Julius Kidubuka juki at one2net.co.ug
Thu Feb 24 04:27:35 MST 2005

I do follow all the instructions except for one; I don't seem to have the
phpconfig_init.php file in my asterisk source directory. Maybe I have
overlooked something or forgotten to install a certain package.

Do I need to install some package that has the phpconfig_inti.php file?
How do I go about this?

>> Do I have to cd into my asterisk source directory (that is,
>> /usr/local/etc/asterisk) or otherwise?
> Yes, cd in your asterisk source dir, from where you installed it.
>
>>Secondly, is the statement no.2 a line a need to change in a given file?
> You have to change/verify some settings in phpconfig_init.php .
> Look for fakeuser=admin.
> Set $reset_cmd = "./asterisk.reload";
> Be shure, the script has write access in /etc/asterisk
> Have something in your sudoers file (/etc/sudoers) like
> apache ALL=(ALL)        NOPASSWD: ALL
> to allow apache execute system commands like asterisk -r -x 'restart now'
>
> Another important file is the manager.conf in /etc/asterisk
> [general]
> enabled = yes
> port = 5038
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
>
> [admin]
> secret = secret
> permit = 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
> read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
> write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
>
> With these settings enabled, it should work.
> Be aware, this is not a secure solution since allowing apache to execute
> system-commands, and using the asterisk-web-dir (/var/www/html/asterisk)
> without any further security actions like .htaccess file should only be
> in trusted  environments like intranets.

I do have .htaccess enabled somewhere in my httpd.conf file. It restricts
access to /usr/local/www/cgi-perl/ where my initial perl files are located
(these are the ones I was previously using for the GUI with astman.

Rgds,
Julius.