[Asterisk-Users] Vonage <---> Asterisk Working Config!

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Wed Feb 23 16:04:40 MST 2005

Hey Dean,

I followed your instructions and moved forward abit... Before it used to say
SIP 2.0 404 Not Found. But now with your settings I am getting SIP/2.0 407
Proxy Authentication Required.

And yea for some unknown reason the TRUNK name and USER CONTEXT has to be
same don't know why...

But still no success for inbound calls...

This is my sip.conf

[vonage]
username=<<VonageDID>>
type=friend
secret=blah
port=5061
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sphone.vopr.vonage.net
fromuser=<<VonageDID>>
fromdomain=sphone.vopr.vonage.net
dtmfmode=inband
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no
auth=md5

[vonage-out]
username=<<VonageDID>>
type=friend
secret=blah
port=5061
nat=yes
host=sphone.vopr.vonage.net
fromuser=<<VonageDID>>
fromdomain=sphone.vopr.vonage.net
dtmfmode=rfc2833
auth=md5

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks Dean!

Nitesh