[Asterisk-Users] confirm use of INSTALL_PREFIX

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Feb 23 16:01:01 MST 2005

here is what I am trying to do:

I currently have 1.0.5 running on our primary box.
Got 40 phones.
HEAD is running on 2ndary box.
Instead of reprogramming 40 phones to use 2ndary box, I want to install HEAD
side-by-side with STABLE.

I need them both on same machine so that I can halt stable, run HEAD and if
HEAD crashes or something goes wrong, I can stop HEAD and start STABLE with
little loss in downtime.

Can anyone confirm that setting INSTALL_PREFIX in the Makefile truly
seperates everything? My stable is using default paths but I will add a
prefix of /usr/local/asterisk-cvs to the HEAD install.

Just want to make sure before I compile HEAD and somehow put HEAD libraries
where STABLE will read them.

Thanks,
Matthew