[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP - Still can't send

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Feb 23 14:38:10 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Rod Bacon wrote:

> My understanding is that this is only required when using it inside a
> dialplan. Eg, the extension answers, then switches to fax originator mode.

No. To quote the mail from Steve Underwood:

"Many people have it working that way. Very few people use it for fax
pickup. To change it from answerer to originator mode you just need to
add the "caller" option when you call txfax."

You need to tell txfax that it is to act as the initiative-taker
(originator) of the fax conversation. This is orthogonal to the direction
of the transfer (that is selected by choosing txfax or rxfax). SpanDSP
defaults to being the terminator and not the originator unless given the
"caller" parameter.

Have you tried adding the "caller" option to txfax?