[Asterisk-Users] Re: List tips for new subscribers

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Feb 23 13:19:14 MST 2005

--- asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
>akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com (Andrew Kohlsmith) writes:
>> You did type it yourself, but you replied to a message in a thread
>> and erased everything, thus screwing up the threading.  I think
>> that's what he was referring to.
>>
>Wouldn't it be nice if the mailinglist software were hacked to enforce
>some rules?
>
>      * reject all HTML email
>      * reject any mail with more quoted text than original text
>      * reject any mail that starts a totally new subject but
>               threads to a different unrelated one.
>               eg. has references, but new subject with no "(was: oldsubject)"
>      * reject any mail that has "re: " or the same subject line as
>               other msgs, but no references.  (This one needs to be done
>               very carefully.)
The last two ideas are really dangerous, given the very high volume of this list, a lot
of people is subscribed to the digest version of the list (myself included), and that
break the association between header and reference. The issue of being subscribed to the
digest was discussed in november.
So that would mean lot's of people would be marginated to post. Also, each MUA handles
things sightly different and making post acceptance rules so strict would have a terrible
effect.

=====
Miguel Ruiz Velasco

Version: OpenKeyServer v1.2
Comment: Extracted from belgium.keyserver.net
Signature: 0x59831109