[Asterisk-Users] Able to tell if phone is registered?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Feb 23 11:17:43 MST 2005

Tim Pushor wrote:

> I was wondering if I could do something with regexten, but seemed like a
> messy solution. Is there any other way? I don't mind getting my hands
> dirty with perl or C, but I wouldn't really know where to start ...

No, there is no cleaner way, because it's too channel specific and it
might change after you ask for the status anyway... regexten is really
what you want.

I do have a pending patch in bug 3626 that would help; it deactivates an
entire context if a peer is unregistered, or is registered and stops
communicating... if you put the peers you care about each into their own
contexts that would suffice. That patch will be expanded to include
replacement regexten functionality as well.

What value do you see in knowing whether the peer is registered or not
before trying to dial it?