[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting a TE410P to an E1/IP equipment

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 23 10:50:46 MST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Peter Svensson wrote:
>
> >Yellow alarm is the same as "remote alarm" - i.e. the other side is saying
> >that it cannot hear you. Given the Loss Of Framing on the other end this
> >seems resonable.
>
> Actually, "yellow alarm" is most frequently generated when the link
> (physical layer) is up and running, but the circuit (logical layer) is
> not "up" (administratively).
>
> LOF usually generates "red alarm" in my experience if left uncorrected :-)

But why would I only have a LOF error on one side?

Here's the PRI state according to Asterisk:

pstn-gw*CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 16

Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: Network
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: Network
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: Network
(...)

What does the Down mean here? Is it an administrative down state, or one
that comes from the alarms?

Thanks,
Johan.