[Asterisk-Users] List tips for new subscribers

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Feb 23 08:03:56 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 teddy at netpolice.za.org wrote:

> > 2. many of the "list police" are active in the development process
> > well, so your remarkably clever comments about the lack of help are
> > uncalled for and untrue. People will help you, but they won't hold
> > your hand. If you want your hand held, then hire a consultant.
>
> Look, I appreciate your display of respect to the asterisk co-developers,
> but the lack of respect shown to new members here is appalling. I'm active
> on many lists, and this place is not the friendliest.

New Asterisk users should try to help themselves first. Perhaps we should
create a list asterisk-newbies for thos who do not want to go through the
effort of reading up enough to ask well formulated questions.

If you ask a question that even google answers on the first try then you
ought to be chewed out in public. If you ask a question that is answered
in the sparse documentation there is then you ought to be chewed out in
public.

This list is for discussions among users of Asterisk, not a getting
started hotline for beginners. Beginners learn by reading documentation
and examining the sample files included.

Peter