[Asterisk-Users] List tips for new subscribers

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Feb 23 07:59:31 MST 2005

On February 23, 2005 09:43 am, teddy at netpolice.za.org wrote:
> > And specifically in this case, recyclying a subject line that
> > has nothing to do with your email is just lazy and screws up threads.
>
> Oh beg I your pardon, but I didn't have access to previous messages to
> spot that this subject was already taken. Is it so impossible to believe
> that I typed that subject myself?

You did type it yourself, but you replied to a message in a thread and erased
everything, thus screwing up the threading.  I think that's what he was
referring to.

Since you are so vocal, I do have to ask, is hitting the reply button and then
erasing everything faster than simply clicking on the
"Asterisk-users at lists.digium.com" email address to start a new, blank message
to the list?  I've never gotten a clear answer.  It seems like a hell of a
lot of work to reply to a message, erase everything and start anew.

-A.