[Asterisk-Users] List tips for new subscribers

teddy at netpolice.za.org teddy at netpolice.za.org
Wed Feb 23 06:25:08 MST 2005

To all new subscribers:

This is not a friendly list, and the members are mostly sick of giving
away knowledge they reckon someone should pay for.

Although you will find friendly replies here and there, you'll have to
wade through many obnoxious replies from the * elite.

You will have to help yourself until you know enough to not need this list
anymore. Then and only then, can join and show off your technical prowess
to new subscribers.

Nobody here really wants  to help you in learning asterisk, since everyone
here has their own "blackbox" solution sitting on a shopshelf somewhere,
and they would therefore be helping the aspiring competition.

What really ticks us off is that we had to figure out so much ourselves,
and you won't go through the pain we did. So we try to force you.

This list is similar to many of the *BSD user lists. These are actually
not for users, but for hackers/experts interested in the more trivial
challenges of their chosen technology.

I suggest you look at the archives, I know there is no  search option on
the pages, but its not our problem. Cant you use google? I know google
doesn't give you much but you must figure out *how* to ask it.  Its been
mentioned before  on this list, so just download every digest of every
month, and you can search manually for the answer. Once you have done this
you'll know how to search these lists using google.

Further more look at voip-info.org. We know you've been there. We know you
didn't find your answer there. We don't care. This is Open Source: so fix
it yourself.

You get what you pay for: You want a pbx? Buy one - we suggest froogle.

Hope This helps

Teddy Versfeld