[Asterisk-Users] I need an interactive automated telephone system - Is AGI my solution?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Feb 23 02:30:27 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 01:07 -0800, Gabriel Afana wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>     I need to create an automated system that will allow people to call in,
> enter their code and be able to access all the various features (such as
> pre-recorded messages with news, sports...etc).  Also need to be able to
> perform tasks based on buttons pressed on the phone.  For example, I need a
> server monitoring system where it will say something like "Press 1 for
> server load average, Press 2 for Memory usage, Press 3 for HDD usage, Press
> 4 to reboot the server".  The responses will all be pre-recorded, but I just
> need to be able to interact with asterisk from PHP on the fly.
>
>     I know AGI is a method for languages like PHP to interact with asterisk,
> but can it do this kind of stuff?

First: In email, when you press reply to a message there is a header
line that tells which message you where replying to. This helps threaded
mail readers keep messages together that should be together and make
reading mail more efficient for those of us with a clue, or at least a
par or better mail reader.

You responded to a mail with subject "* or X100P dropping analog calls".
The normal excuse of being lazy isn't valid for hitting reply and
emptying the body and subject line as most all email clients will create
a message when you click on the address in the same message you hit
reply to.

Second: Sounds either like a homework question, ie. for school, or work.
You either need to spend the slight effort to do the work and leg work
to build up your knowledge or you need to hire this done. IF you aren't
willing to read the plentiful documentation that is scattered about, I
suggest you visit the Wiki and consult a consultant.