[Asterisk-Users] * or X100P dropping analog calls

Andrew Duey lists at duey.biz
Tue Feb 22 21:18:04 MST 2005

I have a * box running * version 1.0.3 with two X100P line cards in it and Cisco 7960 IP phones.  Everything seems to work pretty well with the exeption that the system hangs up on phone calls for no apparent reason.  It does this on both incoming and outgoing calls through the POTS line (currently only have one).  The only thing in the asterisk console with maximum verbousity is " -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'" and then the phones act like the other side hung up.  The only thing that might be related is that I here beeping or chirping shortly before this happens (it happens randomly thorught calls every couple of minutes but seems to be more prevelent shortly before a disconnect).

Things we've tried to correct the problem:
-Remove all analog phones from analog line except the X100P
-Got rid of off-brand cards and replaced with authentic X100p's
-Setup 80mm case fan to blow over cards (the behavior seemed to be overheating related).

Right now the signaling is set to: "signalling=fxo_ks" in the zapatel.conf file.

Please let me know if anyone else has seen similar behavior (or if you need more information let me know what).

Thanks,

--Andrew Duey