[Asterisk-Users] Problem with SPA-2000 and Asterisk 1.0.5

Josh Roberson twisted at indigent-networks.com
Tue Feb 22 16:47:29 MST 2005

Carlos Chavez wrote:

>     I had everything working fine until today.  Today the Sipura cannot dial
>anywhere.  I just get the following:
>

>Feb 10 12:48:18 NOTICE[1205]: chan_sip.c:7399 handle_request: Unable to
>create/find channel
>Feb 10 12:48:19 NOTICE[1205]: chan_sip.c:7399 handle_request: Unable to
>create/find channel
>Feb 10 12:48:35 NOTICE[1205]: chan_sip.c:7399 handle_request: Unable to
>create/find channel
>Feb 10 12:48:35 NOTICE[1205]: chan_sip.c:7399 handle_request: Unable to
>create/find channel
>
>     Every time you pick up the phone and dial anything the above appears in
>the console.  The strange things is that I can dial to that extension and talk
>without problems.  I did not change anything on both sides that may account
>for a problem, it just started today.  I did a factory reset on the Sipura and
>re configured it and I still have the same problem.
>
>     I don't know what to do next.  Any ideas?

I've recently encountered the same issue here.  I've narrowed down the
problem to be authentication failures, although it doesn't readily say
it.  See if this doesn't clear up if you remove the secret= line from
the user/friend entry in sip.conf, and from the UA (sip client).  If so,
then could you please email me off list with your network setup so I can
attempt to make a determination of wether or not there's something
similar in the setup?

-Josh (twisted)