[Asterisk-Users] H.323 problem, calls don't get answered by asterisk

Francisco A. Lozano asterisk at flozano.com
Tue Feb 22 14:13:21 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to setup an asterisk extension to be attached to an H.323
gatekeeper so that an asterisk application (Astcc) answers H.323 calls from
any terminal logged into the gatekeeper.
I'm using asterisk's channels/h323 implementation, and I've configured the
following in h323.conf:
[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
allow=all
gatekeeper=XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA
AllowGKRouted = yes
context=default
[prep]
type=h323
e164=77
context=default
noFastStart=yes

Then, in extensions, I've added the following:
in [default]:
exten => prep,1,Answer
exten => prep,2,DeadAGI(astcc.agi)
exten => prep,3,Hangup

Asterisk registers properly in the gatekeeper when it is started.
When I make a call to "77" with H.323, asterisk tries to answer the call,
but I always get the same error:

-- Call Failed
-- ClearCall: Request to clear call with token ip$XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA:BB/CC,
cause 7
-- Sending RELEASE COMPLETE
-- Call with ended abnormally
== H.323 Connection deleted.