[Asterisk-Users] Repost: How do I install Skinny support for non sip cisco phones

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Feb 22 13:54:36 MST 2005

On 20:32, Tue 22 Feb 05, Paul A Brown wrote:
> hi All,
>
> Sorry to repost but................
>
> I have a server setup that runs sip no problem. I want to try a cisco phone.
>
> how do I
>
> a) Tell if I have skinny support loaded
> b) Load it onto a debian system

Hi,

If you did a default install of the asterisk Debian package,
and you left the file /etc/asterisk/modules.conf alone,
skinny support is loaded.
I tried chan_skinny, and found it useless.
chan_sccp had way better results here.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SCCP+channels

But in the end I ended up bying a SIP license from Cisco,
cause that just works best.
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."