[Asterisk-Users] RE: newbie needs advice

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Tue Feb 22 13:13:02 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
<snip>
My concern is for our incoming lines.  I am not sure whether to go with a
VOIP provider or to stay with our existing lines.  A T-1 may also be an
option for our phone lines.  We could also use the t-1 for our internet.
Does anyone know of a PSTN gateway that is fairly inexpensive that would
allow us to use our existing phone lines?
As I said earlier, the deciding factor is cost.  I also want something that
is reliable.

-Look into the cost of a T-1/PRI to replace your analog lines.  This will be
the easiest way to deal with your environment.  One card in the * server
(Digium single port T-1/PRI) with a single cable to plug in.  You will also
get additional features like DID (Direct Inward Dial) numbers.
<snip>
I am basically looking for some guidance here.  Has anyone dealt with a
similar situation and how did you resolve it.
Any help would be appreciated.

-you could use the existing analogs with a channel bank or some FXO gateways
but those options in the end will cost more money.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com
Salt Lake City, UT