[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Phone Calling Party ID

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Feb 22 11:13:14 MST 2005

Mark Floyd wrote:

> The reason I want to do this is I get a lot of calls from cell phones and
> the caller ID name shows up "unavailable".  Do you know if a new firmware
> release is on the way?

No idea, Polycom doesn't cooperate with us and let us know about those
things.

I would suggest putting some steps in your dialplan to watch for these
special calling name strings and set them to blank (SetCIDName()), which
should cause the phone to display the number instead (although I haven't
tried it myself).