[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Tue Feb 22 10:20:17 MST 2005

MF Hulber wrote:
> I'm looking for a simple way to disable MusicOnHold in my environment.
> I'm not really interested in having it and it causes too many problems
> with hanging mpg123 processes and memory management errors.  The problem
> is, so many other modules seem to depend on it.  I can't just cause a
> noload of MusicOnHold and be done.  Does anyone have a simple solution?
> A solution that doesn't require a recompile is preferred but I'll
> appreciate and listen to any.

After having the same issues you're having, we installed
and now use "Madplay". Been about 3 weeks and have not had a single
issue with moh since. We where averaging several problems a week.

http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/

musiconhold.conf

[classes]

default => custom:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/,/usr/local/bin/madplay -Q
--attenuate=-5 --mono -R 8000 --output=RAW:-

rock1 => custom:/var/lib/asterisk/rock1/,/usr/local/bin/madplay -Q -z
--attenuate=-5 --fade-in --mono -R 8000 --output=RAW:-