[Asterisk-Users] mp3 to gsm?

Tim Mattison tim at marocon.com
Tue Feb 22 10:11:56 MST 2005

I use the following recipe for this in Linux...

mp3-decoder -w outfile.wav infile.mp3
normalize outfile.wav
sox outfile.wav -r 8000 outfile.gsm

Things sound pretty good like that.  You can do it with sox at one shot
but I like the normalization so all of my recordings sound approximately
the same.

All of those programs can be found via Freshmeat.net or Google, etc.