[Asterisk-Users] Monitor and Record : audio quality

David Masure d.masure at ucr.fr
Tue Feb 22 07:41:36 MST 2005

Hi Folks,

I've been experiencing something very strange...

When I want to listen to call between a SIP phone and a Zap Channel, I
can listen a with a nice audio quality.

When it comes to record using the monitor command, I just have a wav
file which is completely noisy and I can't hear the conversation.

Questions ?

1) Is there a way to specifiy the audio quality using monitor ?

2) Am I missing something else ?

The SIP phone is configured with alaw codec (which should be fairly
good) and the other party is calling through the Zap Channel which is a
HFC chip-based ISDN Card.

Any idea ?

Best regards

David Masure