[Asterisk-Users] Custom Menu Not Working

Chris Blake chris at pixcel.co.za
Tue Feb 22 00:48:31 MST 2005

Greetings *`s,

I am having what appears to be a small problem, but the frustration is
erally getting to me, what am I doing wrong here ?

I used AMP to set up a custom menu, so if caller presses 1 it goes to
ext200, if caller presses 2 it goes to ext201 etc etc...

Now I have created a third option that when the caller presses 3 it must
play a sound and hang up.
No rocket science yet.

When adding the details in AMP for when caller dials 3, I have
referenced it using 'custom-myapp,s,1', and if I go to
'extensions_additional.conf' I see the following line under the rest of
menu item info that was created :

"exten => 3,1,Goto(custom-myapp,s,1)     ;"

and in the extensions_custom.conf file I have

[custom-myapp]
exten => 3,1,SayDigits(1234)
exten => 3,2,Hangup()

But when you call and press option 3, it hangs up immediately.
I have followed examples from the documentation, and this should be
working.

Any other places I can check where something is perhaps missing ?

Regards

--
Chris Blake
Cell: 082 775 1492
Mail: chris at pixcel.co.za

When the ax entered the forest, the trees said, "The handle is one of
us!" -- Turkish proverb