[Asterisk-Users] Re: list SNR

David Josephson dlj at altaphon.com
Mon Feb 21 18:01:26 MST 2005

John Novack writes

>Dare I suggest that a MUCH better job of documenting would go a long way
>towards eliminating the problems  you mention?
>
>Now I realize that programmers are much more interested in writing code
>than documentation, as well as moving on to the next hot feature than
>making sure the current set work well, but . . .
>
>I have found the Asterisk handbook Version 2, to be kind, poor, and the
>Mahler book sold for a small fortune obsolete as well as lacking. Most
>of what is published in that book is a rehash of what is available on
>line free for the taking.

Hi John - same experience here. Actually there were a couple of good
efforts in this direction which have now merged. There are two volumes
up now and more on the way, see www.asteriskdocs.org. Join and help make
it happen. I have suggested that another volume ought to be about
interfacing to carriers, legacy switches and subscriber equipment, etc.