[Asterisk-Users] Suggestion for noise reduction on Asterisk-U sers

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon Feb 21 16:43:21 MST 2005

Colin Anderson wrote:
>>Lets point them to google site:voip-info.org
>>or site:lists.digium.com then.  We do a lot of that once they get on the
>>list.  Why not before?
>

> OK, Ollie J if you are listening maybe you might consider appending those
> links to your monthly or weekly list etiquitte reminders. Post them daily,
> even. Seems to me that posting 1 daily reminder with links on the top 20
> problems is better than 20 posts with those top 20 questions by newbies. At
> worst, it's 1 extra email and at best you may save those 20 posts. Something
> like:
>
> MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
>
> 1.How to light up the line indicator on your Snom:
>
> http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-2
> 3,GGLD:en&q=snom+190+hint+site%3Alists%2Edigium%2Ecom
>
> 2. Fax modems and Asterisk:
>
> http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-23%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=fa
> x+modems+site%3Alists.digium.com&meta=
>
> 3. How come Asterisk doesn't behave like my Meridian with "inbound lines?"
>
> http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-23%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=ke
> y+system+site%3Alists.digium.com&meta=
>
> 4. How do I record calls?
>
> http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-23%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=za
> pbarge+monitor+calls+site%3Alists.digium.com&meta=
>
> FWIW, I find sometimes that meta-discussions like this and things like top
> posting, distro advocacy etc take as much bandwidth as noob questions.

Colin,

	Thanks.  That is what I was looking for.

	And yes, these types of posts take up bandwidth just like newbie
questions.  The difference is that newbies will keep coming, and coming,
and coming until we just can't stand it anymore and go elsewhere.  You
will find that with Linux and OSS you can't go anywhere without running
into a distro war, BSD's vs. BSD's, BSD's vs. Linux, etc.  I won't even
touch on those issues...

--
Kristian Kielhofner