[Asterisk-Users] Suggestion for noise reduction on Asterisk-Users

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon Feb 21 16:01:50 MST 2005

John Novack wrote:
> Dare I suggest that a MUCH better job of documenting would go a long way
> towards eliminating the problems  you mention?
>
> Now I realize that programmers are much more interested in writing code
> than documentation, as well as moving on to the next hot feature than
> making sure the current set work well, but . . .
>
> I have found the Asterisk handbook Version 2, to be kind, poor, and the
> Mahler book sold for a small fortune obsolete as well as lacking. Most
> of what is published in that book is a rehash of what is available on
> line free for the taking.
>
> Just my opinion, of course.
>
> John Novack

That's exactly it.  The Wiki has been the only place that seems to be
somewhat consistenly updated with changes in HEAD and STABLE.  That's
because it can be updated by members of the community.  Point people
there before you can even get the source or join the list and I think
things will be better off for all (hence my post).

--
Kristian Kielhofner