[Asterisk-Users] some questions about busy detection

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Mon Feb 21 15:50:24 MST 2005

I'm going to be hooking FXS lines on a TDM400 to a PBX which doesn't
drop line voltage at the end of a call, so I'm going to have to use busy
detection.  A few questions -

The tones are taken from the tones specified by the zone in zaptel.conf,
right? Which tones cause hangup?

The PBX may not use the national standard tones.  Does anyone have any
suggestion for how I can determine what tones it uses if the information
is not in the PBX manual?  Back when I used to use Dialogic cards, there
was a program called PBXpert (or something like that) which would
measure all the PBX's tones.  But I think all I need is to record a tone
and get a program that would tell me what tones/cadence are in the
sample.  Cadence I could probably figure out from any graphical sound
editor, tones too if it's single-frequency, but what if it's
dual-frequency?  Is there a sound editor (free, or at least with an
evaluation version that has this feature) that would do this for me?

thanks