[Asterisk-Users] Suggestion for noise reduction on Asterisk-Users

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon Feb 21 15:45:02 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:
> The same has been proposed several times over the last nine months,
> both on -users and -dev, and its simply been ignored.

Rich,

	I think that I said something like that somewhere in the message.  But
it turned into much more than I thought it would, so I am not sure...

	Do you (or anyone) have proof that it has been offered up to someone at
Digium - and their response, if any?

	Asterisk is open source, and communities are what drive open source.  I
have seen many, many great technical minds drop off of the list because
they (presumably) didn't want to have to wade through the repeats and
previously asked/answered questions.

	I always put list traffic in seperate IMAP folders with procmail so I
don't really have to read it if I don't want to.  I have gone from
checking my Asterisk-Users folder many times an hour to maybe once every
couple of days because hardly anything interesting shows up anymore.
Someday I just might not check it all and give up on it.  I wonder how
many more people have done just that - and we are all worse of because
of it.  There are now many many more people asking questions that there
are answering, and that's bad.

	P.S. - That is not to be taken as a threat in any way, I will probably
never stop checking asterisk-users because I enjoy working with Asterisk
way too much, but hopefully you can see my point...

--
Kristian Kielhofner