[Asterisk-Users] Queue Question

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Feb 21 14:24:57 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Shaun Tierney wrote:

> Is there a way to prioritize calls in multiple queues based on hold time?  I
> have three queues set up on my Asterisk PBX with agents logged into all
> three queues.  I've noticed that sometimes calls in one queue will make it
> through in a couple minutes while another queue will be backed up with
> people having been on hold for 30+ minutes.  Is it possibly the fact that I
> am set for the rrmemory ring strategy?

We have solved the same problem by creating a single queue that all the
calls are dumped in. Callers and agents are matched through various
criteras. This treats all callers alike - the longers caller in the queue
gets first dibs on any agents that become available if there is a match.

Our queues are based on the "icd" queue system for Asterisk. I expect
we will submit the changes to the icd system to the icd team once we have
cleaned up the implementation a bit.

Peter