[Asterisk-Users] setting caller id number and using sip type=peerfor incomming calles.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Feb 21 10:47:52 MST 2005

Morgan Gilroy wrote:

> you mean amalgamating user and peer so there will eventually only be one
> type for both incoming and outgoing calls, (hopefully have an option to
> disable enable in/out bound calls).

Yes, exactly (and there will be other settings as well, to identify the
type of peer (network, trunk, endpoint) for other reasons).

> Now that's a bit of a bitch :/ but at the moment registration will have
> to do.
> But it would still be nice to have the ability to have a client that
> doesn't have to register, ie they have multiple servers that can dial
> though us and set caller id number.
> If I get time I might tinker with this myself for some fun :).

That's coming too, but in a different way. Actually if your remote peer
can send you Remote-Party-ID headers now, you can set "trustrpid=yes" in
your peer definition and the CLID/CNAM will come from that instead of
the From header, so the From header can contain only authentication
information.

If the remote peer is Asterisk, it cannot currently send
Remote-Party-ID, but watch Mantis for a patch in a few days to enable it :-)