[Asterisk-Users] Illegal instruction on startup

Tommy Vielkanowitz tvielkanowitz at shared-resources.net
Mon Feb 21 07:26:37 MST 2005

Hello,
   I have done some browsing through the wiki and on Google and haven't been
able to find anything that looks like what is happening to me.  When I start
Asterisk by typing "asterisk -vvvc", I get "Illegal instruction" and nothing
else.  Nothing before and nothing after.
This is a Via Cyrix III 667MHz CPU with 192MB RAM running on Slackware 10.1
(Kernel 2.4.29) as a fresh install.  I downloaded Asterisk, compiled mpeg123
and installed it, then compiled and installed Asterisk, then installed the
sample data.  I tried to start it up, and got the above error.  Any pointers
on where to look would be great.  Thanks.

-- Tommy Vielkanowitz
   Shared Resources of NC, LLC