[Asterisk-Users] * Call Monitoring

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 06:50:45 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:00:40 -0500, Daniel Corbe
<daniel.junkmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to make sure the PRIs connected to my box stay up and I need to
> make sure calls are not failing for any reason.  Are there any *
> monitoring packages like this?

There aren't any specific tools that do exactly what you want afaik.
It wouldn't take much to taylor a few things yourself though.

As for the PRI processing calls. You could always drop a call file in
from the cron every 10 minutes that makes a call out and back in. Then
you you can run a script that looks over your CDR to verify that the
call was received. Have it call a specific context or application to
look for.

As for calls "failing" this could be a challange. What do you consider
failing? You could use something like my-swatch to tail the log file
looking for certain patterns. PRI alarms would be an obvious.

Might take you a day or so to get these things going, but it would be
well worth your time and piece of mind.

-Chuji