[Asterisk-Users] Re: Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel...

Tobias.Cermann at Auerswald.de Tobias.Cermann at Auerswald.de
Sun Feb 20 23:13:37 MST 2005

Hello Eric,

call progress detection is the problem. Asterisk mistakenly recognizes the call to be answered and then still "hears" the ringing that should not be there if the line was really up.

To solve the problem you would have to either implement a progress detection matching your country's indication tones or at least adjust the existing one for US or Costa Rica in dsp.c.

By the way on the "Read the damn docs." issue:
You could choose not to answer these questions. Anyone not getting an answer here would possibly take a second look at the docs and find what he might have overlooked.

Regards
Tobias